Verification of prescriptions. We make sure that the prescribed treatment is right for you in terms of the doses and medications chosen.
Checking the compatibility of your medications taken on a regular basis with your chemotherapy.
Meet with you to:
- Check the medications you are taking at home and your drug allergies.
- Provide you with written and verbal information on your chemotherapy (indications, desired effect, side effects, etc.) as well as on the other drugs necessary for your treatment such as drugs to prevent or treat nausea and vomiting, constipation and pain.
- You help manage the side effects that occur.
- Answer your questions.
- Contact your neighborhood pharmacy if necessary.
- Work closely with members of the gynecologic oncology team (mainly doctors and nurses).
- The oncology pharmacist is a resource person when you want information on medications!